16 Game-Changing Steps to Keratin Treatment at Home DIY For Free Save 10,000 Bucks
Keratin treatment is another revolutionary procedure with amazing development in the beauty industry. Keratin treatment is nothing but the healing process of the hair adding protein back into the hair. It gives your hair smooth,frizz-free finish. If you are thinking of keratin treatment in the salon, it will be very expensive and time-consuming. Don’t worry? We also have another more practical and beneficial way of the Keratin treatment and that is pocket-friendly too. Even you can save your money as well as you can protect your hair from chemicals. You can do keratin treatment at home with natural ingredients within a range of 500 rupees only. So let’s go and know about the procedure.
How to do Keratin Treatment at home?
The highest percentage of keratin mixed with glycolic acid solution results in strengthening and smoothing hair.
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowls
- Stick blender
- 2 cups basic conditioner
- ¼ cup Keratin
- ¼ cup glycolic acid solution.
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerine.
- 1 ½ tbsp marula oil
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp konjac powder
Step to do keratin treatment at home
- Heat gently 2 cups of basic conditioner on a stovetop or using the microwave to 180 F. Remove from heat.
- Combine keratin and glycolic acid solution in a separate container.
- Add the keratin and glycolic acid mixture to the preheated basic conditioner and mix it with a stick blender until fully mixed.
- Further add vegetable glycerine, marula oil and avocado oil and continue mixing.
- Add slowly konjac powder while mixing with a stick blender.
- Continue mixing until all ingredients are fully blended.
- Pour the conditioner once cooled back into ½ gallon container.
- Directions for use–
- Apply after cleansing your hair thoroughly with deep cleansing natural hair shampoo.
- Squeeze out excess water and apply a generous amount of keratin solution.
- Leave it on hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Lightly rinse your hair so that the solution should be washed away.
- Towel dry hair gently
- For straightening hair, blow dry completely until it is completely dry.
- Use a straightening iron on high heat, once the hair is completely dry.
- Sulphate free shampoo is recommended for the post washing
You can also buy a keratin chemical available in the market. Keratin treatment products for the home that will only cost you Rs. 500.
Top 10 keratin products in the market
Best results of the keratin treatment totally depend on the quality of the keratin products used. Best keratin products give you incredibly smooth, straight and soft hair. For saving your time and efforts we have listed 10 keratin products that you can get your hands on.