Are you planning for a India summer vacation? Do not know where to visit this summer? Here is a list of top 5 places to visit in North
1. Nainital – A Peaceful Hill Station
This small town in North India has some of the best things to offer visitors. From adventures like boat rides and trekking to peaceful sights of Naini Lake and Snow View Point Nainital in Uttarakhand has so much to offer. Set in the foothills of the Kumaon mountain ranges of the Himalayas this gem of tourism in North India will surely mesmerize you with the snow-capped mountains and misty lakes. Naini lake is popular among many lakes and the city was named after this lake. This is also known as ‘City of Lakes’.
Key Attractions in Nanital:
- Naini Devi Temple
- Snow View Point
- Sri Aurobindo Ashraam
- Pd. GB Pant High Altitude Zoo
Things to Do in Nanital:
- Go Shopping at Tibetan Market/ Mall Road
- Take a Boat Ride on Naini Lake / other lakes
- Spot Wildlife at High Altitude Zoo
- Best Panoramic views from Tiffin Point
- Ropeway ride through Himalayas at Snow View Point
How to Reach Nanital:
Nearest railway station located 34 kilometers distance called Kathgodam.
Nearest Airport is Pantnagar for privately chartered flights & Dehradun at 137 kilometers distance.
2. Dalhousie – Mesmerizing Hill Station
This picturesque hill station nestled in the scenic mountains of Himachal Pradesh is a heaven for peaceful travelers. The lofty mountains and scenic lakes surrounded by pretty meadows is nature untouched in old charm. The majestic mansions of Victorian Style and Scottish architecture gives British touch in the ambiance. The climate is pleasant all year around with Deodar Trees and many tourists like this place.
Key Attractions in Dalhousie:
- Singing Hills
- Panch Pulla
- Satdhara Falls
- Khajjiar – Mini Switzerland
- Kalatop Khajjiar Wildlife Resesrve
- St. Francis Catholic Church
Things to Do in Dalhousie:
- Go River Rafting at Chamba, Ravi & Saal rivers
- River Crossing at Ravi & Saal rivers
- Spot Wildlife at Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary
- Trekking across the Panch Pulla/ Five Bridges
- Bird’s eye view of mountains & valleys at Daikund Peak
How to Reach Dalhousie:
Nearest railway station is located at 80 kilometers distance called Pathankot.
Nearest Airport: Pathankot located 80 kilometers distance from here.
3. Dharamshala – A Quaint Hill Station
Set in the backdrop of the picturesque snow capped Himalayas the revered place of residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama is housed here. This mesmerizing region gives a panoramic sight of the Dahuladhar Mountain Ranges, the evergreen Deodar jungles, and the flowing Dal Lake in addition to pleasant climate at most times of the year. Situated less than 10 kilometers from the McLeodgang the route upscale is a thrilling trek and adventure to one of the best tourist destinations to visit in North India.
Key Attractions in Dharamshala:
- Kangra Fort
- Tsuglag Khang Complex
- Village of Naddi and Baghsunath
Things to Do in Dharamshala:
- Learn Tibetan culture & Budhism
- Visit the Gyuto Monastery
- Pay respects at War Memorial
- See the Picturesque Dal Lake
How to Reach Dharmshala:
Nearest railway station is located at 90 kilometers distance from Mcleodgang called Pathankot Junction. Non-A/C and Volvo Buses run to Delhi on these routes.
Nearest Airport is located at 18 kilometers distance from Mcleodgang called Gaggal Airport.
4. Auli, Uttarakhand
This snow destination in North India is one of the top tourist spots with people from around the world visiting every year. There are loads of adventure sports with most famous being skiing as it is known as skiing destination in India. The hill resort is set amidst the great mountain ranges, apple orchards, and oak.
Key Attractions in Auli:
- Chanab Lake
- Kwani Bugyal
- Trishul Peak
Things to Do in Auli:
- Skiing through shiny mountain slopes
- Trekking through Gurson Bugyal / Garhwal Himalayas
- A splendid view of Valley of Flowers National Park
The city of Agra one of the oldest in India is synonymous with the symbol of Love – Taj Mahal worldwide. International tourists visit this place for the great history, architecture, structures, and eat delicious traditional food. This is a famous tourist spot with many heritage sites and is well connected to major cities as it is very close to Delhi. Your trip to India is incomplete without a visit to Agra by travelling via Palace on Wheels India.
Key Attractions in Agra:
- Taj Mahal
- Agra Fort
- Imitad-Ud-Daulah Tomb
- Mehtab Bagh Gardens
Things to Do in Agra:
- Heritage walk at Taj Mahal
- Shopping at Kinari Bazaar
Plan your trip and know more about the Palace on Wheels price for the peak season and lean season.