When implemented successfully, corporate wellness programs can reduce the cost of healthcare by a significant amount. But do you know that there are different types of wellness programs? Which wellness program is result oriented? Keep reading this article if you want to know more about result-oriented wellness programs in India. Also, we’ll guide you through successfully implementing one.
Different types of corporate wellness programs:
- Activity-oriented wellness program
This type of wellness program combines participating of people in healthy activities along with awareness. The best example of Activity program is discounted gym memberships, weight loss challenges, walking programs, and aerobics challenge. These typically involve some or the other type of participation incentive. These types of programs can lead to saving while taking over two years to get positive ROI (return on investment).
- Awareness oriented wellness program
This form of wellness programs includes spreading awareness across the department among the employees so that they can make healthy lifestyle choices. It emphases on awareness, promotion, and educating people on lifestyle behaviour. It is one of the most ineffective ways to decrease the healthcare cost as it does not appeal to health-conscious people.
- Result oriented wellness program
Result wellness programs majorly focus on behaviour change and measurable outcomes. It comprises of Awareness oriented and activity oriented corporate wellness programs elements. This type of program has a strong ability to generate a huge amount of ROI if paired with some amount of incentives such as- less worker’s compensation incidents, fewer health costs, and minimum absenteeism.
The element of an effective program:
- Health risk appraisal: It includes identifying the key areas which require focus.
- Incentives: It offers monetary amount to employees to reward them and force them indirectly to participate
- Education: Access to effective information for employees regarding healthy eating habits, weight loss, quitting smoking, and living a healthy life
- Testing: Health test like, BMI, weight check, blood pressure, and many more which provides a benchmark to improve individual’s health
- Increase in participation rate: Use marketing strategy like incentive programs to drive interest of the employees. You can also distribute pamphlets, posters, or drop emails.
How to get started:
To start with adopting any form of wellness program you may require an approval from the executive to run the program and introduce among the staff. Getting support from a senior level will help you to run the program effectively. It will help you in building a strong foundation for establishing a good wellness program in your office. The next set involves building up of the plan. You need to have an effective plan if you need good ROI. A good plan depends upon the company size, financial situation, and your companies needs
Build a dedicated wellness program team which can focus on planning, implementing, designing, and administering the program. Follow up and evaluate the program from time to time. Observing the rate of employee’s participation is also important. Continue to evaluate the program until you are able to achieve the maximum return on investment.